Wednesday 15 August 2012

Infinispan - Data Grid Platform

For the past few months, I have been working with prominent technology blogger and author Francesco Marchioni on my first book ever.  Unsurprisingly, this is a book on Infinispan, written for Packt Publishing.

This is an entry-level book, covering high level concepts of distributed caching and data grids, before diving into practical, hands-on details of setting up, configuring and using Infinispan.  Monitoring a running grid via JMX and RHQ are also covered, as is a chapter on using Infinispan from CDI, the increasingly popular programming model for enterprise Java.

Grab the book - in print or electronic format - from Packt's website.

Enjoy
Manik

4 comments:

  1. Hi Manik,
    Just bought the book, approximately 45 seconds after seeing this blog post. First of all, thanks for not having almost the same price for e-book and dead tree version. If Packt has made that decision, then please tell them that I am delighted that some publishers still has some sense left in them.
    Second, I'd love to have a bigger book, but to be honest, I'd buy it even if it was 50 pages, since it is the least anyone can do to thank you guys for all that work you've put out there as open source, and the support on the forums etc..

    At the moment, Infinispan is running for gold, ahead of other alternatives for a very critical component of a complex piece of software I'm developing in healthcare domain, and I thought you'd like to know that your book will help in this project.

    All the best
    Seref

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Seref. I have passed your comments on to the publisher as well, re: pricing. Hope you enjoy using Infinispan. :)

      - M

      Delete
  2. Hi Manik,

    I recently bought your book and started to read it.
    I like it and started to work with the code from your examples.
    They really help to understand the content of the book.

    Unfortunately, I have some problems with the code.
    In chapter 2 you mentioned that you did not include Ticket class
    and IOUtils class into your explanation. I was able to find Ticket.java
    class in your github.com/infinispan/Infinispan-book site in the
    "common" directory (in the code that I downloaded from the publisher
    that directory does not exist).

    However, I could not find your IOUtils class. Without that class
    I cannot compile your code. Where I can find this class?

    Thank you,

    Jacob Nikom

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you having the same problem as Jacob, the source code for the book examples are in the git repository: https://github.com/infinispan/Infinispan-book


    ReplyDelete